ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES PROJECT
English is the most widespread language in the world: over 400 million people use it as a mother tongue and over 700 people speak it as a foreign language. But did you know that there are other countries besides the UK & USA whose official language is English?
Let's discover the English Speaking Countries around the world.
For your second term project, in groups of two people , you are going to research about English-speaking countries around the world and present one of them to your classmates. You'll give an oral presentation together with a ppt including the information learnt about this country. (You can use any type of digital support: Powerpoint, Prezi, Slideshare, SimpleBooklet…)
You have to find information on the following:
· - Description of the country's flag
· - The national symbol of the country
· - The capital of the country
· - Interesting or important landmarks in your country
· - Typical food for your country
· - Typical music and sports for your country
The countries will be:
Australia –USA – Great Britain and Ireland- South Africa and New Zealand
Remember these tips:
- Do your research. In order to give an engaging presentation, you need to know what you're talking about.
- Use key phrases and include only the most important information. Avoid using too much text in the slide, the slide show is meant to accompany your oral presentation.
- Make appropriate use of pictures. It's a good idea to break up text with illustrations and it is true that a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Please send them to my e-mail for correction before the 24th of February and be ready to present them in class on the 11th of March. (email@example.com)
You can start working on it right now, make the most of your time in class.