RELATIVE CLAUSES


If you still need to revise the grammar, please click here. Thanks to Cristina Cabal for the wonderful webpage.

Exercises:
Make one new sentence from each pair of sentences using relative pronouns. Add commas where necessary and omit the relative (write it in brackets) if possible:


a- Do you remember the day? We first came to this school then.
b- The woman smiled proudly. Her daughter won first prize.
c- This is the bank. We borrowed the money from it.
d- Carol is my neighbour. Her father teaches English at my school.
e- Brenda is a friend. I went on holiday with her.
f- His new book will be published in March. It’s called “Congo drums”. 
g- Where is the envelope? I had left it on my desk.
h- Robert speaks excellent English. He has never been to England.
i- Jane didn’t even say hello. This was very rude of her.
j- The shirt doesn’t fit. Dan gave it to me.
k- The car has been repaired. It was damaged in the accident.
l- Their house was damaged in the earthquake. It is rather old.
m- She’s more than two hours late. This is very annoying.
n- Milan is a beautiful city. We spent our holidays there.
o- The year 1996 was the happiest year of my life. I met my husband then.
p- This is the box. Mum keeps her jewellery in it.
q- I don’t know anyone. You can sell your car to them.
r- History is a subject. I’ve always been good at it.
s- The hotel was full of guests. The hotel was miles from anywhere. The guests had gone there to admire the scenery.    
 The hotel ... 
t- I lent you a book. It was written by a friend of mine. She lives in France.   
 The book ...
u- A woman’s jewels were stolen. A police officer was staying in the same hotel. The woman was interviewed by him.  
  The woman ...
v- A goal was scored by a teenager. He had come on as substitute. This goal won the match. 
 The goal ...
w- Carol is a vegetarian. I cooked a meal for her last week. She enjoyed it.  
  Carol ...
x- My friend Albert has decided to buy a motorbike. His car was stolen last week.
y- My wallet contained over 100 €. It was found in the street by a schoolboy. He returned it.  
 My wallet ...





Comentarios

Entradas populares